The movie “Out of Africa” with Robert Redford and Meryl Streep changed the way the world wanted to experience an African safari holiday. The romance of the Great Plains in East Africa, the adventure and the lifestyle are what one wants to see and feel on safari.
And there is one place in the Masai Mara better than any other safari destination to experience exactly that, Angama Masai Mara.
1. Angama Masai Mara is built on the hills where Karen Blixen (Meryl Streep) and Denys Finch Hatton (Robert Redford) had their romantic picnic and where Finch Hatton’s grave is. A male and female lion rest on his grave right on that hill, as probably the most emotional scene of the movie.
2. But the best thing is, that exactly that hill stays untouched for all guests to experience the romantic spot the way Karen Blixen and Denys Finch Hatton did.
3. The camp is built on the two neighboring hills with the most stunning views over the Great Palins beneath. There is not better location for a safari camp in the entire Masai Mara.
4. The suites hang literally over the edge of the Great Rift Valley Escapment overlooking the Mara Triangle and the Masai Mara National Reserve.
5. The guests will wake up to hot-air balloons sailing past the 10m wide floor-to-ceiling glass front of their tented suites.
And on top of it comes the Great Migration as the annual highlight for safari guests and wildlife photography lovers. But the Masai Mara is not only worth visiting when thousands of wildebeest cross the MaraRiver. The Masai Mara is amazing year round and a stay at Angama will provide the true Out of Africa safari feeling.